Skip to main content

Setting - British Columbia

Setting - British Columbia

British Columbia is one of Canada's many beautiful places. It is vast and varied. From Vancouver on the Georgia Strait / Salish Sea, #1 Highway and #3 Highway (the Crowsnest) take you over several mountain ranges, through gorgeous valleys, over rivers too numerous to count, to Sparwood in the Rockies at the Alberta border. Do a Search or follow on DriveBC. I've abducted a few images: Mount Baker from #1, the Crowsnest Highway, the Creston Wetlands. 








* From milebymile.com and creston.museum.bc.ca.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMBERS

EMBERS A self-published novel by j.m. bridgeman, EMBERS is the story of a few days in the life of Wyn McBride, a mature female artist who loves her career, her friends, her home, homes, in British Columbia, Canada. An opportunity to visit Ireland for the first time changes Wyn forever.

Setting - Ireland

Setting - Ireland I loved every minute of my two visits to Ireland. Most of the "locations" in the novel are easy to access on the Internet. Clara Bog* The map goes something like: Shannon, Clonmacnoise, Sligo, St Patrick's Well, Dublin, Glendalough, Clara, Kildare, Tullamore, Clonony Castle. The Breed Wellness Spa is a total figment of my imagination. However, I was inspired by a photograph of an Irish spa. I do hope I do not cause any confusion for anyone, client or service provider. * Picture abducted from midirelandtourism.ie

Epigraph

"It could be a meeting on the street, or at a party or a lecture, or just a simple, banal introduction, then suddenly there is the flash of recognition and the embers of kinship glow. There is an awakening between you, a sense of ancient knowing." This quotation defines my novel. When it was within weeks of being finished, I found, serendipitously, in Bill's Used Books in Fort Saint John, BC, John O'Donohue's Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom , and the quote contained within it, on p. 23. I wasn't able to get permission in time to include this in the published work, but I like to share it aloud before a reading and before talking about the book. I like the way it suggests a "spiritual genealogy" and the hidden connections of blood and of place. Anam Cara translates as "soul friend."